1. Clean your entire hood system
  2. Stop the grease before it goes up the hood
  3. Install WoolGuard Hood Filters
  4. Replace filters on schedule

Is the owner of your building pi**** off that kitchen grease is ruining their building?

Not to worry. In this article, I’m going to walk you through a high-volume cooking kitchen in Port Clinton, Ohio, that had a problem with kitchen grease ending up on their rooftop, and how they solved the problem.

Most restaurants don’t ever think about kitchen grease ending up on the rooftop, that is, until one day it’s too late and the owner of the building takes a look up there.

Suddenly, you need an immediate solution. In your scramble, you might assume you need to schedule more hood cleanings. However, with the volume of cooking you do, the problem would only be solved for a few days.

What are you going to do? Schedule hood cleanings every single week?

That’s not an affordable option. So, what are your other options?

Why WoolGuard Hood Filters Stops Kitchen Grease on Your Rooftop?

WoolGuard Hood Filters stops kitchen grease on your rooftop because it stops the grease before it ever enters the hood.

As you can see from the photo below, 98% of the kitchen grease is stopped before it enters your system, keeping your duct and rooftop free of most grease:

If you use regular baffle filters, they stop approximately 18% of grease, leaving the remaining 82% headed towards your roof.

***Note that standard baffle filter are not designed to stop grease, they are designed as a fire block for the rest of your hood system.

How to Get Started Installing WoolGuard Hood Filters?

The first thing you need to do is measure your hood system. WoolGuard Hood Filters are installed on custom baffle filter sand frames, so we’ll need to know your dimensions.

Typical frame sizes are 16”x16”, 16”x20”, 20”x16” or 20”x20”.

If you have a different size, we can accommodate you.

Once you have the dimensions, it’s time to get your hood system cleaned (like usual hood cleaning) so you can start off clean…and stay clean.

Once the hood cleaning is complete and you have your new baffle filter and frames, all you need to do is install the WoolGuard Hood Filters and replace them once they’re completely filled with grease.

How Often Do You Have to Change the Filters Out?

You would change your filters out depending on your level of cooking.

Here is an example schedule from one of our clients with a high cooking volume:

Every place is different though, and we understand that. We will develop a schedule with you to determine how often you’ll need to replace the filters.


If you just follow the correct schedule, you’ll be able to keep your roof clean on a consistent basis.

Congratulations! Now you have one less problem to worry about.